Job Title: Managing Editor
Company: Caribou Media / Gun Digest
Reports to: Editor
The managing editor is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of Gun Digest the Magazine’s editorial process and related online content to deliver industry-leading information on all aspects of firearms and firearms-related gear. The managing editor works in collaboration with the design, editorial and management teams in the creation of print and digital media products. This position is a full-time, salaried opportunity with Caribou Media Group dba Gun Digest Media, LLC, based in the Appleton, Wisconsin, office.
·Support the editor with assigning features, organizing multi-channel content plans, and planning print magazine issues and related online content.
·Paginate magazine in collaboration with the editor, administrative support and sales group.
·Compile, create and edit magazine columns and feature material.
·Document and process contributor payments.
·Plan, build, test and schedule weekly email newsletters to optimize performance.
·Upload, edit and create online content for the brand’s website (GunDigest.com), social (Facebook and Instagram) and YouTube channels.
·Employ best SEO practices to ensure maximum exposure and engagement of content.
·Represent company as needed at industry trade shows and press events.
Qualifications & Education:
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, CC edition (specifically InDesign).
• Proficiency in MS Office products to include Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Proficiency in WordPress.
• Understanding of print production processes and workflows.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
·Excellent copy-editing and fact-checking skills.
• High level of initiative and organization skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
• Possess a basic knowledge of firearms history and usage.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in magazine editing and online content management, preferably within the outdoors or firearms industry.
• Team player with drive to assist in company growth and revenue initiatives.
Send resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.